Numbers 26, Proverbs 18, Philippians 1 & 2
1. And it came to pass after the plague, that the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Eleazar the son of Aaron the priest, saying,
2. Take the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, from twenty years old and upward, throughout their fathers' house, all that are able to go to war in Israel.
3. And Moses and Eleazar the priest spake with them in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho, saying,
4. Take the sum of the people, from twenty years old and upward; as the LORD commanded Moses and the children of Israel, which went forth out of the land of Egypt.
5. Reuben, the eldest son of Israel: the children of Reuben; Hanoch, of whom cometh the family of the Hanochites: of Pallu, the family of the Palluites:
6. Of Hezron, the family of the Hezronites: of Carmi, the family of the Carmites.
7. These are the families of the Reubenites: and they that were numbered of them were forty and three thousand and seven hundred and thirty.
8. And the sons of Pallu; Eliab.
9. And the sons of Eliab; Nemuel, and Dathan, and Abiram. This is that Dathan and Abiram, which were famous in the congregation, who strove against Moses and against Aaron in the company of Korah, when they strove against the LORD:
10. And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.
11. Notwithstanding the children of Korah died not.
12. The sons of Simeon after their families: of Nemuel, the family of the Nemuelites: of Jamin, the family of the Jaminites: of Jachin, the family of the Jachinites:
13. Of Zerah, the family of the Zarhites: of Shaul, the family of the Shaulites.
14. These are the families of the Simeonites, twenty and two thousand and two hundred.
15. The children of Gad after their families: of Zephon, the family of the Zephonites: of Haggi, the family of the Haggites: of Shuni, the family of the Shunites:
16. Of Ozni, the family of the Oznites: of Eri, the family of the Erites:
17. Of Arod, the family of the Arodites: of Areli, the family of the Arelites.
18. These are the families of the children of Gad according to those that were numbered of them, forty thousand and five hundred.
19. The sons of Judah were Er and Onan: and Er and Onan died in the land of Canaan.
20. And the sons of Judah after their families were; of Shelah, the family of the Shelanites: of Pharez, the family of the Pharzites: of Zerah, the family of the Zarhites.
21. And the sons of Pharez were; of Hezron, the family of the Hezronites: of Hamul, the family of the Hamulites.
22. These are the families of Judah according to those that were numbered of them, threescore and sixteen thousand and five hundred.
23. Of the sons of Issachar after their families: of Tola, the family of the Tolaites: of Pua, the family of the Punites:
24. Of Jashub, the family of the Jashubites: of Shimron, the family of the Shimronites.
25. These are the families of Issachar according to those that were numbered of them, threescore and four thousand and three hundred.
26. Of the sons of Zebulun after their families: of Sered, the family of the Sardites: of Elon, the family of the Elonites: of Jahleel, the family of the Jahleelites.
27. These are the families of the Zebulunites according to those that were numbered of them, threescore thousand and five hundred.
28. The sons of Joseph after their families were Manasseh and Ephraim.
29. Of the sons of Manasseh: of Machir, the family of the Machirites: and Machir begat Gilead: of Gilead come the family of the Gileadites.
30. These are the sons of Gilead: of Jeezer, the family of the Jeezerites: of Helek, the family of the Helekites:
31. And of Asriel, the family of the Asrielites: and of Shechem, the family of the Shechemites:
32. And of Shemida, the family of the Shemidaites: and of Hepher, the family of the Hepherites.
33. And Zelophehad the son of Hepher had no sons, but daughters: and the names of the daughters of Zelophehad were Mahlah, and Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah.
34. These are the families of Manasseh, and those that were numbered of them, fifty and two thousand and seven hundred.
35. These are the sons of Ephraim after their families: of Shuthelah, the family of the Shuthalhites: of Becher, the family of the Bachrites: of Tahan, the family of the Tahanites.
36. And these are the sons of Shuthelah: of Eran, the family of the Eranites.
37. These are the families of the sons of Ephraim according to those that were numbered of them, thirty and two thousand and five hundred. These are the sons of Joseph after their families.
38. The sons of Benjamin after their families: of Bela, the family of the Belaites: of Ashbel, the family of the Ashbelites: of Ahiram, the family of the Ahiramites:
39. Of Shupham, the family of the Shuphamites: of Hupham, the family of the Huphamites.
40. And the sons of Bela were Ard and Naaman: of Ard, the family of the Ardites: and of Naaman, the family of the Naamites.
41. These are the sons of Benjamin after their families: and they that were numbered of them were forty and five thousand and six hundred.
42. These are the sons of Dan after their families: of Shuham, the family of the Shuhamites. These are the families of Dan after their families.
43. All the families of the Shuhamites, according to those that were numbered of them, were threescore and four thousand and four hundred.
44. Of the children of Asher after their families: of Jimna, the family of the Jimnites: of Jesui, the family of the Jesuites: of Beriah, the family of the Beriites.
45. Of the sons of Beriah: of Heber, the family of the Heberites: of Malchiel, the family of the Malchielites.
46. And the name of the daughter of Asher was Sarah.
47. These are the families of the sons of Asher according to those that were numbered of them; who were fifty and three thousand and four hundred.
48. Of the sons of Naphtali after their families: of Jahzeel, the family of the Jahzeelites: of Guni, the family of the Gunites:
49. Of Jezer, the family of the Jezerites: of Shillem, the family of the Shillemites.
50. These are the families of Naphtali according to their families: and they that were numbered of them were forty and five thousand and four hundred.
51. These were the numbered of the children of Israel, six hundred thousand and a thousand seven hundred and thirty.
52. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
53. Unto these the land shall be divided for an inheritance according to the number of names.
54. To many thou shalt give the more inheritance, and to few thou shalt give the less inheritance: to every one shall his inheritance be given according to those that were numbered of him.
55. Notwithstanding the land shall be divided by lot: according to the names of the tribes of their fathers they shall inherit.
56. According to the lot shall the possession thereof be divided between many and few.
57. And these are they that were numbered of the Levites after their families: of Gershon, the family of the Gershonites: of Kohath, the family of the Kohathites: of Merari, the family of the Merarites.
58. These are the families of the Levites: the family of the Libnites, the family of the Hebronites, the family of the Mahlites, the family of the Mushites, the family of the Korathites. And Kohath begat Amram.
59. And the name of Amram's wife was Jochebed, the daughter of Levi, whom her mother bare to Levi in Egypt: and she bare unto Amram Aaron and Moses, and Miriam their sister.
60. And unto Aaron was born Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
61. And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the LORD.
62. And those that were numbered of them were twenty and three thousand, all males from a month old and upward: for they were not numbered among the children of Israel, because there was no inheritance given them among the children of Israel.
63. These are they that were numbered by Moses and Eleazar the priest, who numbered the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho.
64. But among these there was not a man of them whom Moses and Aaron the priest numbered, when they numbered the children of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai.
65. For the LORD had said of them, They shall surely die in the wilderness. And there was not left a man of them, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.
1. Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
2. A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
3. When the wicked cometh, then cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.
4. The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.
5. It is not good to accept the person of the wicked, to overthrow the righteous in judgment.
6. A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
7. A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
8. The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
9. He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.
10. The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
11. The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.
12. Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.
13. He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
14. The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?
15. The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.
16. A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.
17. He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.
18. The lot causeth contentions to cease, and parteth between the mighty.
19. A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
20. A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
21. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
22. Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
23. The poor useth intreaties; but the rich answereth roughly.
24. A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
1. Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
2. Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4. Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,
5. For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;
6. Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
7. Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
8. For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.
9. And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10. That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
11. Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
12. But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
13. So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;
14. And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
15. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16. The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17. But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
18. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
19. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20. According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24. Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
25. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
26. That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.
27. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
28. And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
29. For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
30. Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.
1. If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2. Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
12. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15. That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
16. Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
17. Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.
18. For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.
19. But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.
20. For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.
21. For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.
22. But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.
23. Him therefore I hope to send presently, so soon as I shall see how it will go with me.
24. But I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly.
25. Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.
26. For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.
27. For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
28. I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.
29. Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:
30. Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.