Nehemiah 7, Joel 2, 2 Thessalonians 1 & 2
1 . Now it came to pass, when the wall was built, and I had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed,
2 . That I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many.
3 . And I said unto them, Let not the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun be hot; and while they stand by, let them shut the doors, and bar them and appoint watches of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, every one in his watch, and every one to be over against his house.
4 . Now the city was large and great: but the people were few therein, and the houses were not builded.
5 . And my God put into mine heart to gather together the nobles, and the rulers, and the people, that they might be reckoned by genealogy. And I found a register of the genealogy of them which came up at the first, and found written therein,
6 . These are the children of the province, that went up out of the captivity, of those that had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away, and came again to Jerusalem and to Judah, every one unto his city;
7 . Who came with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah, Azariah, Raamiah, Nahamani, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispereth, Bigvai, Nehum, Baanah. The number, I say of the men of the people of Israel was this
8 . The children of Parosh, two thousand an hundred seventy and two.
9 . The children of Shephatiah, three hundred seventy and two.
10. The children of Arah, six hundred fifty and two.
11. The children of Pahathmoab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand and eight hundred and eighteen.
12. The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
13. The children of Zattu, eight hundred forty and five.
14. The children of Zaccai, seven hundred and threescore.
15. The children of Binnui, six hundred forty and eight.
16. The children of Bebai, six hundred twenty and eight.
17. The children of Azgad, two thousand three hundred twenty and two.
18. The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven.
19. The children of Bigvai, two thousand threescore and seven.
20. The children of Adin, six hundred fifty and five.
21. The children of Ater of Hezekiah, ninety and eight.
22. The children of Hashum, three hundred twenty and eight.
23. The children of Bezai, three hundred twenty and four.
24. The children of Hariph, an hundred and twelve.
25. The children of Gibeon, ninety and five.
26. The men of Bethlehem and Netophah, an hundred fourscore and eight.
27. The men of Anathoth, an hundred twenty and eight.
28. The men of Bethazmaveth, forty and two.
29. The men of Kirjathjearim, Chephirah, and Beeroth, seven hundred forty and three.
30. The men of Ramah and Geba, six hundred twenty and one.
31. The men of Michmas, an hundred and twenty and two.
32. The men of Bethel and Ai, an hundred twenty and three.
33. The men of the other Nebo, fifty and two.
34. The children of the other Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
35. The children of Harim, three hundred and twenty.
36. The children of Jericho, three hundred forty and five.
37. The children of Lod, Hadid, and Ono, seven hundred twenty and one.
38. The children of Senaah, three thousand nine hundred and thirty.
39. The priests: the children of Jedaiah, of the house of Jeshua, nine hundred seventy and three.
40. The children of Immer, a thousand fifty and two.
41. The children of Pashur, a thousand two hundred forty and seven.
42. The children of Harim, a thousand and seventeen.
43. The Levites: the children of Jeshua, of Kadmiel, and of the children of Hodevah, seventy and four.
44. The singers: the children of Asaph, an hundred forty and eight.
45. The porters: the children of Shallum, the children of Ater, the children of Talmon, the children of Akkub, the children of Hatita, the children of Shobai, an hundred thirty and eight.
46. The Nethinims: the children of Ziha, the children of Hashupha, the children of Tabbaoth,
47. The children of Keros, the children of Sia, the children of Padon,
48. The children of Lebana, the children of Hagaba, the children of Shalmai,
49. The children of Hanan, the children of Giddel, the children of Gahar,
50. The children of Reaiah, the children of Rezin, the children of Nekoda,
51. The children of Gazzam, the children of Uzza, the children of Phaseah,
52. The children of Besai, the children of Meunim, the children of Nephishesim,
53. The children of Bakbuk, the children of Hakupha, the children of Harhur,
54. The children of Bazlith, the children of Mehida, the children of Harsha,
55. The children of Barkos, the children of Sisera, the children of Tamah,
56. The children of Neziah, the children of Hatipha.
57. The children of Solomon's servants: the children of Sotai, the children of Sophereth, the children of Perida,
58. The children of Jaala, the children of Darkon, the children of Giddel,
59. The children of Shephatiah, the children of Hattil, the children of Pochereth of Zebaim, the children of Amon.
60. All the Nethinims, and the children of Solomon's servants, were three hundred ninety and two.
61. And these were they which went up also from Telmelah, Telharesha, Cherub, Addon, and Immer: but they could not shew their father's house, nor their seed, whether they were of Israel.
62. The children of Delaiah, the children of Tobiah, the children of Nekoda, six hundred forty and two.
63. And of the priests: the children of Habaiah, the children of Koz, the children of Barzillai, which took one of the daughters of Barzillai the Gileadite to wife, and was called after their name.
64. These sought their register among those that were reckoned by genealogy, but it was not found: therefore were they, as polluted, put from the priesthood.
65. And the Tirshatha said unto them, that they should not eat of the most holy things, till there stood up a priest with Urim and Thummim.
66. The whole congregation together was forty and two thousand three hundred and threescore,
67. Beside their manservants and their maidservants, of whom there were seven thousand three hundred thirty and seven: and they had two hundred forty and five singing men and singing women.
68. Their horses, seven hundred thirty and six: their mules, two hundred forty and five:
69. Their camels, four hundred thirty and five: six thousand seven hundred and twenty asses.
70. And some of the chief of the fathers gave unto the work. The Tirshatha gave to the treasure a thousand drams of gold, fifty basons, five hundred and thirty priests' garments.
71. And some of the chief of the fathers gave to the treasure of the work twenty thousand drams of gold, and two thousand and two hundred pound of silver.
72. And that which the rest of the people gave was twenty thousand drams of gold, and two thousand pound of silver, and threescore and seven priests' garments.
73. So the priests, and the Levites, and the porters, and the singers, and some of the people, and the Nethinims, and all Israel, dwelt in their cities; and when the seventh month came, the children of Israel were in their cities.
1 . Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
2 . A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
3 . A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
4 . The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
5 . Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
6 . Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
7 . They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
8 . Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
9 . They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
10. The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
11. And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
12. Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
13. And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
14. Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?
15. Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:
16. Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.
17. Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?
18. Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people.
19. Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen:
20. But I will remove far off from you the northern army and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things.
21. Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.
22. Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.
23. Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month
24. And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
25. And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
26. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
27. And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
28. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29. And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
32. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
2 Thessalonians 1
1 . Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2 . Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 . We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;
4 . So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
5 . Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
6 . Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
7 . And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 . In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 . Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10. When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe( because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
11. Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:
12. That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 2
1 . Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 . That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 . Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 . Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 . Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 . And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 . For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let until he be taken out of the way.
8 . And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 . Even him whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13. But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14. Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
16. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
17. Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.