1 Chronicles 24 & 25, Ezekiel 34, Philippians 1 & 2
1 Chronicles 24
1 . Now these are the divisions of the sons of Aaron. The sons of Aaron; Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
2 . But Nadab and Abihu died before their father, and had no children: therefore Eleazar and Ithamar executed the priest's office.
3 . And David distributed them, both Zadok of the sons of Eleazar, and Ahimelech of the sons of Ithamar, according to their offices in their service.
4 . And there were more chief men found of the sons of Eleazar than of the sons of Ithamar; and thus were they divided. Among the sons of Eleazar there were sixteen chief men of the house of their fathers, and eight among the sons of Ithamar according to the house of their fathers.
5 . Thus were they divided by lot, one sort with another; for the governors of the sanctuary, and governors of the house of God, were of the sons of Eleazar, and of the sons of Ithamar.
6 . And Shemaiah the son of Nethaneel the scribe, one of the Levites, wrote them before the king, and the princes, and Zadok the priest, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, and before the chief of the fathers of the priests and Levites: one principal household being taken for Eleazar, and one taken for Ithamar.
7 . Now the first lot came forth to Jehoiarib, the second to Jedaiah,
8 . The third to Harim, the fourth to Seorim,
9 . The fifth to Malchijah, the sixth to Mijamin,
10. The seventh to Hakkoz, the eighth to Abijah,
11. The ninth to Jeshua, the tenth to Shecaniah,
12. The eleventh to Eliashib, the twelfth to Jakim,
13. The thirteenth to Huppah, the fourteenth to Jeshebeab,
14. The fifteenth to Bilgah, the sixteenth to Immer,
15. The seventeenth to Hezir, the eighteenth to Aphses,
16. The nineteenth to Pethahiah, the twentieth to Jehezekel,
17. The one and twentieth to Jachin, the two and twentieth to Gamul,
18. The three and twentieth to Delaiah, the four and twentieth to Maaziah.
19. These were the orderings of them in their service to come into the house of the LORD, according to their manner, under Aaron their father, as the LORD God of Israel had commanded him.
20. And the rest of the sons of Levi were these Of the sons of Amram; Shubael: of the sons of Shubael; Jehdeiah.
21. Concerning Rehabiah: of the sons of Rehabiah, the first was Isshiah.
22. Of the Izharites; Shelomoth: of the sons of Shelomoth; Jahath.
23. And the sons of Hebron Jeriah the first Amariah the second, Jahaziel the third, Jekameam the fourth.
24. Of the sons of Uzziel; Michah: of the sons of Michah; Shamir.
25. The brother of Michah was Isshiah: of the sons of Isshiah; Zechariah.
26. The sons of Merari were Mahli and Mushi: the sons of Jaaziah; Beno.
27. The sons of Merari by Jaaziah; Beno, and Shoham, and Zaccur, and Ibri.
28. Of Mahli came Eleazar, who had no sons.
29. Concerning Kish: the son of Kish was Jerahmeel.
30. The sons also of Mushi; Mahli, and Eder, and Jerimoth. These were the sons of the Levites after the house of their fathers.
31. These likewise cast lots over against their brethren the sons of Aaron in the presence of David the king, and Zadok, and Ahimelech, and the chief of the fathers of the priests and Levites, even the principal fathers over against their younger brethren.
1 Chronicles 25
1 . Moreover David and the captains of the host separated to the service of the sons of Asaph, and of Heman, and of Jeduthun, who should prophesy with harps, with psalteries, and with cymbals: and the number of the workmen according to their service was:
2 . Of the sons of Asaph; Zaccur, and Joseph, and Nethaniah, and Asarelah, the sons of Asaph under the hands of Asaph, which prophesied according to the order of the king.
3 . Of Jeduthun: the sons of Jeduthun; Gedaliah, and Zeri, and Jeshaiah, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six, under the hands of their father Jeduthun, who prophesied with a harp, to give thanks and to praise the LORD.
4 . Of Heman: the sons of Heman; Bukkiah, Mattaniah, Uzziel, Shebuel, and Jerimoth, Hananiah, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti, and Romamtiezer, Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir, and Mahazioth:
5 . All these were the sons of Heman the king's seer in the words of God, to lift up the horn. And God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters.
6 . All these were under the hands of their father for song in the house of the LORD, with cymbals, psalteries, and harps, for the service of the house of God, according to the king's order to Asaph, Jeduthun, and Heman.
7 . So the number of them, with their brethren that were instructed in the songs of the LORD, even all that were cunning, was two hundred fourscore and eight.
8 . And they cast lots, ward against ward as well the small as the great, the teacher as the scholar.
9 . Now the first lot came forth for Asaph to Joseph: the second to Gedaliah, who with his brethren and sons were twelve:
10. The third to Zaccur, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
11. The fourth to Izri, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
12. The fifth to Nethaniah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
13. The sixth to Bukkiah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
14. The seventh to Jesharelah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
15. The eighth to Jeshaiah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
16. The ninth to Mattaniah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
17. The tenth to Shimei, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
18. The eleventh to Azareel, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
19. The twelfth to Hashabiah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
20. The thirteenth to Shubael, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
21. The fourteenth to Mattithiah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
22. The fifteenth to Jeremoth, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
23. The sixteenth to Hananiah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
24. The seventeenth to Joshbekashah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
25. The eighteenth to Hanani, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
26. The nineteenth to Mallothi, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
27. The twentieth to Eliathah, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
28. The one and twentieth to Hothir, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
29. The two and twentieth to Giddalti, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
30. The three and twentieth to Mahazioth, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
31. The four and twentieth to Romamtiezer, he his sons, and his brethren, were twelve.
1 . And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 . Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
3 . Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
4 . The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
5 . And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
6 . My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them
7 . Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
8 . As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;
9 . Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
10. Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
11. For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
12. As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
13. And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
14. I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.
15. I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.
16. I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.
17. And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.
18. Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?
19. And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet.
20. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.
21. Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;
22. Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.
23. And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
24. And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it
25. And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
26. And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.
27. And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.
28. And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.
29. And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.
30. Thus shall they know that I the LORD their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord GOD.
31. And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord GOD.
1 . Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
2 . Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 . I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4 . Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,
5 . For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;
6 . Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
7 . Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
8 . For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.
9 . And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10. That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
11. Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
12. But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
13. So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places
14. And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
15. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16. The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17. But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
18. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
19. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20. According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24. Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
25. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
26. That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.
27. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
28. And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
29. For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
30. Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.
1 . If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 . Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 . Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 . Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 . Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 . Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 . But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 . And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 . Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
12. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15. That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
16. Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
17. Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.
18. For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.
19. But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.
20. For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.
21. For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.
22. But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.
23. Him therefore I hope to send presently, so soon as I shall see how it will go with me.
24. But I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly.
25. Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.
26. For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.
27. For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
28. I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.
29. Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:
30. Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.