1 Chronicles 1, Ezekiel 14, Luke 10
1 Chronicles 1
1. Adam, Sheth, Enosh,
2. Kenan, Mahalaleel, Jered,
3. Henoch, Methuselah, Lamech,
4. Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
5. The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
6. And the sons of Gomer; Ashchenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
7. And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
8. The sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
9. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabta, and Raamah, and Sabtecha. And the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
10. And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be mighty upon the earth.
11. And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
12. And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, of whom came the Philistines and Caphthorim.
13. And Canaan begat Zidon his firstborn, and Heth,
14. The Jebusite also, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite,
15. And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
16. And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite.
17. The sons of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.
18. And Arphaxad begat Shelah, and Shelah begat Eber.
19. And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg; because in his days the earth was divided: and his brother's name was Joktan.
20. And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,
21. Hadoram also, and Uzal, and Diklah,
22. And Ebal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
23. And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan.
24. Shem, Arphaxad, Shelah,
25. Eber, Peleg, Reu,
26. Serug, Nahor, Terah,
27. Abram; the same is Abraham.
28. The sons of Abraham; Isaac, and Ishmael.
29. These are their generations: The firstborn of Ishmael, Nebaioth; then Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
30. Mishma, and Dumah, Massa, Hadad, and Tema,
31. Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah. These are the sons of Ishmael.
32. Now the sons of Keturah, Abraham's concubine: she bare Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah. And the sons of Jokshan; Sheba, and Dedan.
33. And the sons of Midian; Ephah, and Epher, and Henoch, and Abida, and Eldaah. All these are the sons of Keturah.
34. And Abraham begat Isaac. The sons of Isaac; Esau and Israel.
35. The sons of Esau; Eliphaz, Reuel, and Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah.
36. The sons of Eliphaz; Teman, and Omar, Zephi, and Gatam, Kenaz, and Timna, and Amalek.
37. The sons of Reuel; Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
38. And the sons of Seir; Lotan, and Shobal, and Zibeon, and Anah, and Dishon, and Ezer, and Dishan.
39. And the sons of Lotan; Hori, and Homam: and Timna was Lotan's sister.
40. The sons of Shobal; Alian, and Manahath, and Ebal, Shephi, and Onam. And the sons of Zibeon; Aiah, and Anah.
41. The sons of Anah; Dishon. And the sons of Dishon; Amram, and Eshban, and Ithran, and Cheran.
42. The sons of Ezer; Bilhan, and Zavan, and Jakan. The sons of Dishan; Uz, and Aran.
43. Now these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom before any king reigned over the children of Israel; Bela the son of Beor: and the name of his city was Dinhabah.
44. And when Bela was dead, Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned in his stead.
45. And when Jobab was dead, Husham of the land of the Temanites reigned in his stead.
46. And when Husham was dead, Hadad the son of Bedad, which smote Midian in the field of Moab, reigned in his stead: and the name of his city was Avith.
47. And when Hadad was dead, Samlah of Masrekah reigned in his stead.
48. And when Samlah was dead, Shaul of Rehoboth by the river reigned in his stead.
49. And when Shaul was dead, Baalhanan the son of Achbor reigned in his stead.
50. And when Baalhanan was dead, Hadad reigned in his stead: and the name of his city was Pai; and his wife's name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab.
51. Hadad died also. And the dukes of Edom were; duke Timnah, duke Aliah, duke Jetheth,
52. Duke Aholibamah, duke Elah, duke Pinon,
53. Duke Kenaz, duke Teman, duke Mibzar,
54. Duke Magdiel, duke Iram. These are the dukes of Edom.
1. Then came certain of the elders of Israel unto me, and sat before me.
2. And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
3. Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?
4. Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;
5. That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all estranged from me through their idols.
6. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
7. For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:
8. And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
9. And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.
10. And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him
11. That the house of Israel may go no more astray from me, neither be polluted any more with all their transgressions; but that they may be my people, and I may be their God, saith the Lord GOD.
12. The word of the LORD came again to me, saying,
13. Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:
14. Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.
15. If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts:
16. Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered, but the land shall be desolate.
17. Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it:
18. Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only shall be delivered themselves.
19. Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:
20. Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.
21. For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?
22. Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it.
23. And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD.
1. After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
2. Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great but the labourers are few pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest that he would send forth labourers into his harvest
3. Go your ways behold I send you forth as lambs among wolves
4. Carry neither purse nor scrip nor shoes and salute no man by the way
5. And into whatsoever house ye enter first say Peace be to this house
6. And if the son of peace be there your peace shall rest upon it if not it shall turn to you again
7. And in the same house remain eating and drinking such things as they give for the labourer is worthy of his hire Go not from house to house
8. And into whatsoever city ye enter and they receive you eat such things as are set before you
9. And heal the sick that are therein and say unto them The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you
10. But into whatsoever city ye enter and they receive you not go your ways out into the streets of the same and say
11. Even the very dust of your city which cleaveth on us we do wipe off against you notwithstanding be ye sure of this that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you
12. But I say unto you that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom than for that city
13. Woe unto thee Chorazin woe unto thee Bethsaida for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon which have been done in you they had a great while ago repented sitting in sackcloth and ashes
14. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you
15. And thou Capernaum which art exalted to heaven shalt be thrust down to hell
16. He that heareth you heareth me and he that despiseth you despiseth me and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me
17. And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
18. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven
19. Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you
20. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not that the spirits are subject unto you but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven
21. In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee O Father Lord of heaven and earth that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent and hast revealed them unto babes even so Father for so it seemed good in thy sight
22. All things are delivered to me of my Father and no man knoweth who the Son is but the Father and who the Father is but the Son and he to whom the Son will reveal him
23. And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see
24. For I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see and have not seen them and to hear those things which ye hear and have not heard them
25. And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26. He said unto him, What is written in the law how readest thou
27. And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right this do and thou shalt live
29. But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
30. And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho and fell among thieves which stripped him of his raiment and wounded him and departed leaving him half dead
31. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way and when he saw him he passed by on the other side
32. And likewise a Levite when he was at the place came and looked on him and passed by on the other side
33. But a certain Samaritan as he journeyed came where he was and when he saw him he had compassion on him
34. And went to him and bound up his wounds pouring in oil and wine and set him on his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him
35. And on the morrow when he departed he took out two pence and gave them to the host and said unto him Take care of him and whatsoever thou spendest more when I come again I will repay thee
36. Which now of these three thinkest thou was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves
37. And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go and do thou likewise
38. Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha Martha thou art careful and troubled about many things
42. But one thing is needful and Mary hath chosen that good part which shall not be taken away from her