1 Chronicles 2, Ezekiel 15, Luke 11
1 Chronicles 2
1. These are the sons of Israel; Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun,
2. Dan, Joseph, and Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
3. The sons of Judah; Er, and Onan, and Shelah: which three were born unto him of the daughter of Shua the Canaanitess. And Er, the firstborn of Judah, was evil in the sight of the LORD; and he slew him.
4. And Tamar his daughter in law bare him Pharez and Zerah. All the sons of Judah were five.
5. The sons of Pharez; Hezron, and Hamul.
6. And the sons of Zerah; Zimri, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara: five of them in all.
7. And the sons of Carmi; Achar, the troubler of Israel, who transgressed in the thing accursed.
8. And the sons of Ethan; Azariah.
9. The sons also of Hezron, that were born unto him; Jerahmeel, and Ram, and Chelubai.
10. And Ram begat Amminadab; and Amminadab begat Nahshon, prince of the children of Judah;
11. And Nahshon begat Salma, and Salma begat Boaz,
12. And Boaz begat Obed, and Obed begat Jesse,
13. And Jesse begat his firstborn Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimma the third,
14. Nethaneel the fourth, Raddai the fifth,
15. Ozem the sixth, David the seventh:
16. Whose sisters were Zeruiah, and Abigail. And the sons of Zeruiah; Abishai, and Joab, and Asahel, three.
17. And Abigail bare Amasa: and the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmeelite.
18. And Caleb the son of Hezron begat children of Azubah his wife, and of Jerioth: her sons are these; Jesher, and Shobab, and Ardon.
19. And when Azubah was dead, Caleb took unto him Ephrath, which bare him Hur.
20. And Hur begat Uri, and Uri begat Bezaleel.
21. And afterward Hezron went in to the daughter of Machir the father of Gilead, whom he married when he was threescore years old; and she bare him Segub.
22. And Segub begat Jair, who had three and twenty cities in the land of Gilead.
23. And he took Geshur, and Aram, with the towns of Jair, from them, with Kenath, and the towns thereof, even threescore cities. All these belonged to the sons of Machir the father of Gilead.
24. And after that Hezron was dead in Calebephratah, then Abiah Hezron's wife bare him Ashur the father of Tekoa.
25. And the sons of Jerahmeel the firstborn of Hezron were, Ram the firstborn, and Bunah, and Oren, and Ozem, and Ahijah.
26. Jerahmeel had also another wife, whose name was Atarah; she was the mother of Onam.
27. And the sons of Ram the firstborn of Jerahmeel were, Maaz, and Jamin, and Eker.
28. And the sons of Onam were, Shammai, and Jada. And the sons of Shammai; Nadab, and Abishur.
29. And the name of the wife of Abishur was Abihail, and she bare him Ahban, and Molid.
30. And the sons of Nadab; Seled, and Appaim: but Seled died without children.
31. And the sons of Appaim; Ishi. And the sons of Ishi; Sheshan. And the children of Sheshan; Ahlai.
32. And the sons of Jada the brother of Shammai; Jether, and Jonathan: and Jether died without children.
33. And the sons of Jonathan; Peleth, and Zaza. These were the sons of Jerahmeel.
34. Now Sheshan had no sons, but daughters. And Sheshan had a servant, an Egyptian, whose name was Jarha.
35. And Sheshan gave his daughter to Jarha his servant to wife; and she bare him Attai.
36. And Attai begat Nathan, and Nathan begat Zabad,
37. And Zabad begat Ephlal, and Ephlal begat Obed,
38. And Obed begat Jehu, and Jehu begat Azariah,
39. And Azariah begat Helez, and Helez begat Eleasah,
40. And Eleasah begat Sisamai, and Sisamai begat Shallum,
41. And Shallum begat Jekamiah, and Jekamiah begat Elishama.
42. Now the sons of Caleb the brother of Jerahmeel were Mesha his firstborn, which was the father of Ziph; and the sons of Mareshah the father of Hebron.
43. And the sons of Hebron; Korah, and Tappuah, and Rekem, and Shema.
44. And Shema begat Raham, the father of Jorkoam: and Rekem begat Shammai.
45. And the son of Shammai was Maon: and Maon was the father of Bethzur.
46. And Ephah, Caleb's concubine, bare Haran, and Moza, and Gazez: and Haran begat Gazez.
47. And the sons of Jahdai; Regem, and Jotham, and Geshan, and Pelet, and Ephah, and Shaaph.
48. Maachah, Caleb's concubine, bare Sheber, and Tirhanah.
49. She bare also Shaaph the father of Madmannah, Sheva the father of Machbenah, and the father of Gibea: and the daughter of Caleb was Achsah.
50. These were the sons of Caleb the son of Hur, the firstborn of Ephratah; Shobal the father of Kirjathjearim,
51. Salma the father of Bethlehem, Hareph the father of Bethgader.
52. And Shobal the father of Kirjathjearim had sons; Haroeh, and half of the Manahethites.
53. And the families of Kirjathjearim; the Ithrites, and the Puhites, and the Shumathites, and the Mishraites; of them came the Zareathites, and the Eshtaulites.
54. The sons of Salma; Bethlehem, and the Netophathites, Ataroth, the house of Joab, and half of the Manahethites, the Zorites.
55. And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.
1. And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2. Son of man, What is the vine tree more than any tree, or than a branch which is among the trees of the forest?
3. Shall wood be taken thereof to do any work? or will men take a pin of it to hang any vessel thereon?
4. Behold, it is cast into the fire for fuel; the fire devoureth both the ends of it, and the midst of it is burned. Is it meet for any work?
5. Behold, when it was whole, it was meet for no work: how much less shall it be meet yet for any work, when the fire hath devoured it, and it is burned?
6. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; As the vine tree among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
7. And I will set my face against them; they shall go out from one fire, and another fire shall devour them; and ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them.
8. And I will make the land desolate, because they have committed a trespass, saith the Lord GOD.
1. And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2. And he said unto them, When ye pray say Our Father which art in heaven Hallowed be thy name Thy kingdom come Thy will be done as in heaven so in earth
3. Give us day by day our daily bread
4. And forgive us our sins for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
5. And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend and shall go unto him at midnight and say unto him Friend lend me three loaves
6. For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me and I have nothing to set before him
7. And he from within shall answer and say Trouble me not the door is now shut and my children are with me in bed I cannot rise and give thee
8. I say unto you Though he will not rise and give him because he is his friend yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth
9. And I say unto you Ask and it shall be given you seek and ye shall find knock and it shall be opened unto you
10. For every one that asketh receiveth and he that seeketh findeth and to him that knocketh it shall be opened
11. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father will he give him a stone or if he ask a fish will he for a fish give him a serpent
12. Or if he shall ask an egg will he offer him a scorpion
13. If ye then being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him
14. And he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb. And it came to pass, when the devil was gone out, the dumb spake; and the people wondered.
15. But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.
16. And others, tempting him sought of him a sign from heaven.
17. But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation and a house divided against a house falleth
18. If Satan also be divided against himself how shall his kingdom stand because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub
19. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils by whom do your sons cast them out therefore shall they be your judges
20. But if I with the finger of God cast out devils no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you
21. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace his goods are in peace
22. But when a stronger than he shall come upon him and overcome him he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted and divideth his spoils
23. He that is not with me is against me and he that gathereth not with me scattereth
24. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man he walketh through dry places seeking rest and finding none he saith I will return unto my house whence I came out
25. And when he cometh he findeth it swept and garnished
26. Then goeth he and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself and they enter in and dwell there and the last state of that man is worse than the first
27. And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28. But he said, Yea rather blessed are they that hear the word of God and keep it
29. And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation they seek a sign and there shall no sign be given it but the sign of Jonas the prophet
30. For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites so shall also the Son of man be to this generation
31. The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon and behold a greater than Solomon is here
32. The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation and shall condemn it for they repented at the preaching of Jonas and behold a greater than Jonas is here
33. No man when he hath lighted a candle putteth it in a secret place neither under a bushel but on a candlestick that they which come in may see the light
34. The light of the body is the eye therefore when thine eye is single thy whole body also is full of light but when thine eye is evil thy body also is full of darkness
35. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness
36. If thy whole body therefore be full of light having no part dark the whole shall be full of light as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light
37. And as he spake, a certain Pharisee besought him to dine with him: and he went in, and sat down to meat.
38. And when the Pharisee saw it he marvelled that he had not first washed before dinner.
39. And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness
40. Ye fools did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also
41. But rather give alms of such things as ye have and behold all things are clean unto you
42. But woe unto you Pharisees for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs and pass over judgment and the love of God these ought ye to have done and not to leave the other undone
43. Woe unto you Pharisees for ye love the uppermost seats in the synagogues and greetings in the markets
44. Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees hypocrites for ye are as graves which appear not and the men that walk over them are not aware of them
45. Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also.
46. And he said, Woe unto you also ye lawyers for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers
47. Woe unto you for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets and your fathers killed them
48. Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers for they indeed killed them and ye build their sepulchres
49. Therefore also said the wisdom of God I will send them prophets and apostles and some of them they shall slay and persecute
50. That the blood of all the prophets which was shed from the foundation of the world may be required of this generation
51. From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple verily I say unto you It shall be required of this generation
52. Woe unto you lawyers for ye have taken away the key of knowledge ye entered not in yourselves and them that were entering in ye hindered
53. And as he said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge him vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things:
54. Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him.