1 Chronicles 6, Ezekiel 19, Luke 16
1 Chronicles 6
1 . The sons of Levi; Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
2 . And the sons of Kohath; Amram, Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel.
3 . And the children of Amram; Aaron, and Moses, and Miriam. The sons also of Aaron; Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
4 . Eleazar begat Phinehas, Phinehas begat Abishua,
5 . And Abishua begat Bukki, and Bukki begat Uzzi,
6 . And Uzzi begat Zerahiah, and Zerahiah begat Meraioth,
7 . Meraioth begat Amariah, and Amariah begat Ahitub,
8 . And Ahitub begat Zadok, and Zadok begat Ahimaaz,
9 . And Ahimaaz begat Azariah, and Azariah begat Johanan,
10. And Johanan begat Azariah, he it is that executed the priest's office in the temple that Solomon built in Jerusalem
11. And Azariah begat Amariah, and Amariah begat Ahitub,
12. And Ahitub begat Zadok, and Zadok begat Shallum,
13. And Shallum begat Hilkiah, and Hilkiah begat Azariah,
14. And Azariah begat Seraiah, and Seraiah begat Jehozadak,
15. And Jehozadak went into captivity when the LORD carried away Judah and Jerusalem by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar.
16. The sons of Levi; Gershom, Kohath, and Merari.
17. And these be the names of the sons of Gershom; Libni, and Shimei.
18. And the sons of Kohath were Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel.
19. The sons of Merari; Mahli, and Mushi. And these are the families of the Levites according to their fathers.
20. Of Gershom; Libni his son, Jahath his son, Zimmah his son,
21. Joah his son, Iddo his son, Zerah his son, Jeaterai his son.
22. The sons of Kohath; Amminadab his son, Korah his son, Assir his son,
23. Elkanah his son, and Ebiasaph his son, and Assir his son,
24. Tahath his son, Uriel his son, Uzziah his son, and Shaul his son.
25. And the sons of Elkanah; Amasai, and Ahimoth.
26. As for Elkanah: the sons of Elkanah; Zophai his son, and Nahath his son,
27. Eliab his son, Jeroham his son, Elkanah his son.
28. And the sons of Samuel; the firstborn Vashni, and Abiah.
29. The sons of Merari; Mahli, Libni his son, Shimei his son, Uzza his son,
30. Shimea his son, Haggiah his son, Asaiah his son.
31. And these are they whom David set over the service of song in the house of the LORD, after that the ark had rest.
32. And they ministered before the dwelling place of the tabernacle of the congregation with singing, until Solomon had built the house of the LORD in Jerusalem: and then they waited on their office according to their order.
33. And these are they that waited with their children. Of the sons of the Kohathites: Heman a singer, the son of Joel, the son of Shemuel,
34. The son of Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Eliel, the son of Toah,
35. The son of Zuph, the son of Elkanah, the son of Mahath, the son of Amasai,
36. The son of Elkanah, the son of Joel, the son of Azariah, the son of Zephaniah,
37. The son of Tahath, the son of Assir, the son of Ebiasaph, the son of Korah,
38. The son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, the son of Israel.
39. And his brother Asaph, who stood on his right hand, even Asaph the son of Berachiah, the son of Shimea,
40. The son of Michael, the son of Baaseiah, the son of Malchiah,
41. The son of Ethni, the son of Zerah, the son of Adaiah,
42. The son of Ethan, the son of Zimmah, the son of Shimei,
43. The son of Jahath, the son of Gershom, the son of Levi.
44. And their brethren the sons of Merari stood on the left hand: Ethan the son of Kishi, the son of Abdi, the son of Malluch,
45. The son of Hashabiah, the son of Amaziah, the son of Hilkiah,
46. The son of Amzi, the son of Bani, the son of Shamer,
47. The son of Mahli, the son of Mushi, the son of Merari, the son of Levi.
48. Their brethren also the Levites were appointed unto all manner of service of the tabernacle of the house of God.
49. But Aaron and his sons offered upon the altar of the burnt offering, and on the altar of incense, and were appointed for all the work of the place most holy, and to make an atonement for Israel, according to all that Moses the servant of God had commanded.
50. And these are the sons of Aaron; Eleazar his son, Phinehas his son, Abishua his son,
51. Bukki his son, Uzzi his son, Zerahiah his son,
52. Meraioth his son, Amariah his son, Ahitub his son,
53. Zadok his son, Ahimaaz his son.
54. Now these are their dwelling places throughout their castles in their coasts, of the sons of Aaron, of the families of the Kohathites: for theirs was the lot.
55. And they gave them Hebron in the land of Judah, and the suburbs thereof round about it.
56. But the fields of the city, and the villages thereof, they gave to Caleb the son of Jephunneh.
57. And to the sons of Aaron they gave the cities of Judah, namely Hebron, the city of refuge, and Libnah with her suburbs, and Jattir, and Eshtemoa, with their suburbs,
58. And Hilen with her suburbs, Debir with her suburbs,
59. And Ashan with her suburbs, and Bethshemesh with her suburbs:
60. And out of the tribe of Benjamin; Geba with her suburbs, and Alemeth with her suburbs, and Anathoth with her suburbs. All their cities throughout their families were thirteen cities.
61. And unto the sons of Kohath, which were left of the family of that tribe, were cities given out of the half tribe, namely out of the half tribe of Manasseh, by lot, ten cities.
62. And to the sons of Gershom throughout their families out of the tribe of Issachar, and out of the tribe of Asher, and out of the tribe of Naphtali, and out of the tribe of Manasseh in Bashan, thirteen cities.
63. Unto the sons of Merari were given by lot, throughout their families, out of the tribe of Reuben, and out of the tribe of Gad, and out of the tribe of Zebulun, twelve cities.
64. And the children of Israel gave to the Levites these cities with their suburbs.
65. And they gave by lot out of the tribe of the children of Judah, and out of the tribe of the children of Simeon, and out of the tribe of the children of Benjamin, these cities, which are called by their names.
66. And the residue of the families of the sons of Kohath had cities of their coasts out of the tribe of Ephraim.
67. And they gave unto them, of the cities of refuge, Shechem in mount Ephraim with her suburbs; they gave also Gezer with her suburbs,
68. And Jokmeam with her suburbs, and Bethhoron with her suburbs,
69. And Aijalon with her suburbs, and Gathrimmon with her suburbs:
70. And out of the half tribe of Manasseh; Aner with her suburbs, and Bileam with her suburbs, for the family of the remnant of the sons of Kohath.
71. Unto the sons of Gershom were given out of the family of the half tribe of Manasseh, Golan in Bashan with her suburbs, and Ashtaroth with her suburbs:
72. And out of the tribe of Issachar; Kedesh with her suburbs, Daberath with her suburbs,
73. And Ramoth with her suburbs, and Anem with her suburbs:
74. And out of the tribe of Asher; Mashal with her suburbs, and Abdon with her suburbs,
75. And Hukok with her suburbs, and Rehob with her suburbs:
76. And out of the tribe of Naphtali; Kedesh in Galilee with her suburbs, and Hammon with her suburbs, and Kirjathaim with her suburbs.
77. Unto the rest of the children of Merari were given out of the tribe of Zebulun, Rimmon with her suburbs, Tabor with her suburbs:
78. And on the other side Jordan by Jericho, on the east side of Jordan, were given them out of the tribe of Reuben, Bezer in the wilderness with her suburbs, and Jahzah with her suburbs,
79. Kedemoth also with her suburbs, and Mephaath with her suburbs:
80. And out of the tribe of Gad; Ramoth in Gilead with her suburbs, and Mahanaim with her suburbs,
81. And Heshbon with her suburbs, and Jazer with her suburbs.
1 . Moreover take thou up a lamentation for the princes of Israel,
2 . And say, What is thy mother? A lioness: she lay down among lions, she nourished her whelps among young lions.
3 . And she brought up one of her whelps: it became a young lion, and it learned to catch the prey; it devoured men.
4 . The nations also heard of him; he was taken in their pit, and they brought him with chains unto the land of Egypt.
5 . Now when she saw that she had waited, and her hope was lost, then she took another of her whelps, and made him a young lion.
6 . And he went up and down among the lions, he became a young lion, and learned to catch the prey, and devoured men.
7 . And he knew their desolate palaces, and he laid waste their cities; and the land was desolate, and the fulness thereof, by the noise of his roaring.
8 . Then the nations set against him on every side from the provinces, and spread their net over him: he was taken in their pit.
9 . And they put him in ward in chains, and brought him to the king of Babylon: they brought him into holds, that his voice should no more be heard upon the mountains of Israel.
10. Thy mother is like a vine in thy blood, planted by the waters: she was fruitful and full of branches by reason of many waters.
11. And she had strong rods for the sceptres of them that bare rule, and her stature was exalted among the thick branches, and she appeared in her height with the multitude of her branches.
12. But she was plucked up in fury, she was cast down to the ground, and the east wind dried up her fruit: her strong rods were broken and withered; the fire consumed them.
13. And now she is planted in the wilderness, in a dry and thirsty ground.
14. And fire is gone out of a rod of her branches, which hath devoured her fruit, so that she hath no strong rod to be a sceptre to rule. This is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation.
1. And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
2. And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
3. Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
4. I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
5. So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
6. And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
7. Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.
8. And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
9. And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
10. He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
11. If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
12. And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
13. No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
14. And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
15. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
16. The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
17. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
18. Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
19. There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28. For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.